This tool can be used as a wedding anniversary calculator to tell when your next marriage anniversary is, how long you've been married for in years, months, and days, as well as to suggest wedding anniversary gifts based on traditional custom and modern trends. It can also be used as a relationship anniversary calculator, a work anniversary calculator, and so on to calculate when your next anniversary is going to be and how much time has passed since your life event.
- Using the anniversary calculator
- When is my next wedding anniversary?
- How many years have I been married?
- How long have I been married?
- Wedding anniversary gifts
Using the anniversary calculator
This tool is straightforward to use. First, you select the type of anniversary you'd like to know about:
- wedding anniversary - calculate the date of the next anniversary from a couple's wedding: yours, your parents', or your friend's, and how many days till it arrives. Also calculates the age of a marriage in years, months, and days based on the marriage date.
- relationship anniversary - to know when a couple's next anniversary is as well as the age of their relationship, be it yours or someone else's
- other anniversaries - for anything else like a graduation anniversary, work anniversary, company anniversary since its founding, etc.
Then, enter the date when the anniversary event happened, e.g. the date of your wedding for a marriage anniversary, the date when your relationship began, the date you started your company for a company or work anniversary, the date you graduated high school or university, and so on. If you do not know the exact date, you can enter just the month and year, and enter "1" for the date. Obviously, in this case any output dates and time intervals will only be approximate with a margin of error of up to a month.
When you press "Calculate", the anniversary calculator will output the chronological age of the marriage, relationship, or other event, e.g. "10 years, 3 months, and 25 days" as well as in full years, months, weeks, and days. So, if it is your wedding anniversary, it will tell you how long you've been married for and if it is a company founding anniversary it will say how long the company has existed for.
The calculator will also work out what the next anniversary is (1st, 2nd, 3rd, .. 10th, 20th, 25th, etc.) as well as when it is due on (the exact date) and include a day counter. Finally, if it is a wedding anniversary, it will suggest suitable traditional and modern gifts to get for your loved one.
When is my next wedding anniversary?
To determine the date of your next marriage anniversary as well as how many days until it comes so you know how long you have to prepare. The wedding anniversary calculator is an easy way to find out how long it is until an upcoming anniversary without doing any time difference math yourself.
As an alternative approach, one can use the following three-step method:
- note the date of the wedding, including the month
- if the month is yet to pass this year, then your next anniversary is on the same date of that month in the current year
- if the month has already passed this year, then the next anniversary is next year, on the same date and month
The process can be used to find the time you have to plan a wedding anniversary party for your parents, friends or relatives given that you know their wedding date. It can also be used to determine the starting point of a countdown tracker.
How many years have I been married?
Anniversary math is fairly easy when it comes to just years. To calculate the number of full years a couple has been married or in a relationship for, follow these steps:
- Recall the marriage date (or the date when the relationship began), and note the year, e.g. 2010
- Subtract that year number from the current year, e.g. 2023 - 2010 = 13
- If the date has already passed in the current year, add 1 to the result.
If you want to get the current year the marriage or relationship is in, add 1 (again, if you've already done so in step 3). Voila!
How long have I been married?
When it comes to just years, the calculations are easy. It is also somewhat straightforward if you want to know the marital age in years, months, and days. However, if you want to calculate how many months, how many weeks, or how many days you've been married for, you may end up doing a lot of math by hand which may not be easy once you account for leap years. An easier and highly recommended approach involves the use of a time difference calculator or just the anniversary calculator above in "wedding anniversary" mode.
Wedding anniversary gifts
Here are some traditional anniversary gifts, as well as more modern gift suggestions for each wedding anniversary. Please, note that none of these have an obligatory nature and should be threated as gift ideas more than anything else.
|Anniversary||Traditional gift||Modern gift|
|3rd||Leather goods||Crystal or glass|
|7th||Wool or copper||Desk sets|
|8th||Bronze||Linens and laces|
|10th||Tin or aluminum||Diamond jewelry|
|12th||Silk||Pearls or gems|
|13th||Lace||Fur or textiles|
Note that after the first 10-15 years there are established gifts mostly for jubilees and for anything above the 60-th anniversary the customary present involves diamonds, but that can obviously be a pricey option. What if you can't afford or do not like the idea of some of these customary gifts? Well, customary does not mean necessary, so just get what you think would improve your loved one(s) happiness.
Cite this calculator & page
If you'd like to cite this online calculator resource and information as provided on the page, you can use the following citation:
Georgiev G.Z., "Anniversary Calculator", [online] Available at: https://www.gigacalculator.com/calculators/anniversary-calculator.php URL [Accessed Date: 27 Mar, 2023].